Here’s hoping pears are still in season, because this pie looks fantastic. This recipe comes from Taste of Home magazine (my mom subscribes). Contributor Barbara Rea says, “My daughter CJ baked a pear pie for us once and I’ve made it several times since then. We like it so much that I’ve considered contributing it to bake sales!”
-1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
-3 med. ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
-1 c. sugar
-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
-2 eggs, lightly beaten
-1 c. heavy whipping cream
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges.
2. Decoratively fan pears out over pastry.
3. In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour. Sir in the eggs, cream and vanilla. Pour over pears.
4. Bake at 375F for 45-50 min., or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
5. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Photo and recipe credit: Taste of Home