I won’t say too much about these bars, other than that they are delicious. You already know that soft, fluffy baked goods drizzled with cream cheese icing are my Kryptonite. The next time you have a couple of overripe bananas, you know what to do.
Just don’t come knocking.
You can double this recipe and bake it in a 13×9-in. pan.
-2 eggs, room temperature
-1/2 c. granulated sugar
-1/3 c. raw sugar
-1/4 c. vegetable oil
-1/4 c. plain yogurt
-8-oz. bananas (weighed after peeling—about 1 1/2 medium bananas), mashed
-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 c. all-purpose flour
-1 tsp. baking powder
-1 tsp. ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, banana, oil, yogurt, and sugars.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking power, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet until combined.
4. Bake on the middle rack in a large greased gratin dish or 8×8-in. pan for approx. 35 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Drizzle or spread with cream cheese-sour cream icing when cool. (Try this recipe with an additional 1 Tbsp. sour cream, 1 tsp. milk, and 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice).